Building upon the versatility of the original, the new SHAKYHEAD exhibits superior sensitivity for bottom-contact applications. The new Micro Pitch Taping process increases spine-like feel to transmit bottom composition with eerie clarity, while also delivering greater crispness to manipulate rigs over rocks and through gravel with ease. The power contained in the kabt™™ metal microfiber butt-section dominates the fight and allows for heavier line than previous models, excelling with a braid + leader setup. Built for finesse applications where long casts and a quick, solid hookset are required, the fast tip translates perfectly to shaky head, jig head, micro jig, and wacky-rig applications.
Subname: Shaky Head
- kabt™ (p. ‘kabutoh’): The astonishing tensile strength and tenacious resilience of the kabt‘s shape-memory metal microfibers are woven into a layered, multi-axis arrangement that reinforces the butt-section of each blank, delivering a superior power-to-weight ratio and more decisive lifting-power and control.
- Multi-tonnage construction: Each blank utilizes low-resin carbon of varying tonnage. By matching the desired bend-characteristics of each point to the ideal tonnage, each blank is able to realize ever-greater potential—which translates into silky-smooth load transfer across all taper-types for intuitive cast and feel.
- Spiral Architect Reel Seat: A Megabass-original designed for low-profile ergonomics, maximum blank exposure, structural integrity, and efficient grip-shifts when moving from casting to palming.
- Micro-Pitch Taping: Un-sanded finishing tape features higher wrapping-density for increased durability and blank crispness.
- Fuji® Stainless SiC Guides